By Julian Smart
This is the book model of the broadcast booklet. If the print e-book features a CD-ROM, this content material isn't incorporated in the book version.
- Build complicated cross-platform purposes that help local look-and-feel on home windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, or even Pocket PC
- Master wxWidgets from begin to finish—even if you might have by no means outfitted GUI purposes before
- Leverage complicated wxWidgets functions: networking, multithreading, streaming, and more
- CD-ROM: library of improvement instruments, resource code, and pattern applications
- Foreword by means of Mitch Kapor, founder, Lotus improvement and Open resource software Foundation
wxWidgets is an easy-to-use, open resource C++ API for writing GUI purposes that run on home windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, or even Pocket PC—supporting every one platform's local appear and feel with nearly no extra coding. Now, its author and prime builders educate you all you want to comprehend to put in writing strong cross-platform software program with wxWidgets. This ebook covers every thing from conversation bins to drag-and-drop, from networking to multithreading. It comprises the entire instruments and code you want to get nice effects, quick. From AMD to AOL, Lockheed Martin to Xerox, world-class builders are utilizing wxWidgets to economize, bring up potency, and succeed in new markets. With this e-book, you could, too.
- wxWidgets quickstart: event/input dealing with, window layouts, drawing, printing, dialogs, and more
- Working with window sessions, from uncomplicated to advanced
- Memory administration, debugging, mistakes checking, internationalization, and different complicated topics
- Includes large code samples for home windows, Linux (GTK+), and Mac OS X
Read Online or Download Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets PDF
Best human-computer interaction books
Human-Computer interplay: An Empirical examine point of view is the definitive advisor to empirical examine in HCI. The ebook starts off with foundational subject matters together with historic context, the human issue, interplay components, and the basics of technology and examine. From there, you'll growth to studying in regards to the tools for undertaking an scan to judge a brand new computing device interface or interplay process.
Taking a mental standpoint, this e-book examines the function of Human-Computer interplay within the box of data structures learn. The introductory component of the booklet covers the fundamental tenets of the HCI self-discipline, together with the way it constructed and an summary of some of the educational disciplines that give a contribution to HCI learn.
Introducing Spoken discussion platforms into clever Environments outlines the formalisms of a singular knowledge-driven framework for spoken discussion administration and provides the implementation of a model-based Adaptive Spoken discussion Manager(ASDM) referred to as OwlSpeak. The authors have pointed out 3 stakeholders that in all likelihood impact the habit of the ASDM: the person, the SDS, and a posh clever atmosphere (IE) inclusive of quite a few units, companies, and activity descriptions.
With quite a few rising and leading edge applied sciences mixed with the energetic participation of the human point because the significant connection among the top consumer and the electronic realm, the pervasiveness of human-computer interfaces is at an all time excessive. rising examine and traits in Interactivity and the Human-Computer Interface addresses the most problems with curiosity in the tradition and layout of interplay among people and pcs.
- Next-Generation Business Intelligence Software with Silverlight 3 (Expert's Voice in Silverlight)
- Korea's Online Gaming Empire (MIT Press)
- Symbiosis of Human and Artifact: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, (Hci International '95), Tokyo, ... 1995 (Advances in Human Factors/Ergonomics)
- Being Really Virtual: Immersive Natives and the Future of Virtual Reality
- Learning to Rank for Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing: Second Edition (Synthesis Lectures on Human Language Technologies)
- Understanding Digital Humanities
Additional resources for Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets
A size event (caused by a window being resized either by the program or by the user) is rep resented by the wxSizeEvent class. Each event type has different accessors that you can use to learn about the cause of the event or the resulting UI change, such as a change in the value of a text control. In simple cases (such as a but ton press), you can often ignore the event object. Expanding on the example from the previous chapter, let’s add a handler for frame sizing, plus an OK button. qxd 6/10/05 11:16 AM Page 27 Event Tables and Handlers 27 The code to add menu items will be similar to the code in the previous chapter, while code to add an OK button might look like this, in the frame constructor: wxButton* button = new wxButton(this, wxID_OK, wxT(“OK”), wxPoint(200, 200)); Here’s the event table, allowing the frame to handle menu, button, and size events.
It has a matching entry: EVT_BUTTON(wxID_OK,MyFrame::OnButtonOK) so is called. Note that only command events (whose event classes are based directly or indirectly on wxCommandEvent) are recursively applied to the window parent’s event handler. As this quite often causes confusion for users, here is a list of system events that will not get sent to the parent’s event handler: wxActivate Event, wxCloseEvent, wxEraseEvent, wxFocusEvent, wxKeyEvent, wxIdleEvent, wxInitDialogEvent, wxJoystickEvent, wxMenuEvent, wxMouseEvent, wxMoveEvent, wxPaintEvent, wxQueryLayoutInfoEvent, wxSizeEvent, wxScrollWinEvent, and MyFrame::OnButtonOK wxSysColourChangedEvent.
WxMessageBox takes a message, a caption, a combination of styles, and a parent window. MyFrame::OnQuit is called when the user clicks on the Quit menu item, thanks to the event table. It calls Close to destroy the frame, triggering the shutdown of the application, because there are no other frames. In fact, Close doesn’t directly destroy the frame—it generates a wxEVT_CLOSE_WINDOW event, and the default handler for this event destroys the frame using wxWindow::Destroy. There’s another way the frame can be closed and the application shut down—the user can click on the close button on the frame, or select Close from the system (or window manager) menu.