By Rabab Ezz-Eldin, Magdy Ali El-Moursy, Hesham F. A. Hamed
This e-book describes intimately the effect of strategy adaptations on Network-on-Chip (NoC) functionality. The authors review a variety of NoC topologies lower than excessive method edition and clarify the layout of effective NoCs, with complicated applied sciences. The dialogue comprises edition in common sense and interconnect, with a purpose to review the hold up and throughput version with diverse NoC topologies. The authors describe an asynchronous router, as a powerful layout to mitigate the impression of procedure edition in NoCs and the functionality of other routing algorithms is decided with/without procedure edition for numerous site visitors styles. also, a unique approach edition hold up and Congestion conscious Routing set of rules (PDCR) is defined for asynchronous NoC layout, which outperforms assorted adaptive routing algorithms within the usual hold up and saturation throughput for numerous site visitors patterns.
Read or Download Analysis and Design of Networks-on-Chip Under High Process Variation PDF
Best analysis books
This ebook constitutes the throughly refereed post-proceedings of the sixth overseas Workshop on platforms research and Modeling, SAM 2010, held in collocation with versions 2010 in Oslo, Norway in October 2010. The 15 revised complete papers offered went via rounds of reviewing and development. The papers are prepared in topical sections on modularity, composition, choreography, software of SDL and UML; SDL language profiles; code new release and version changes; verification and research; and person necessities notification.
- Nonstandard Analysis, 1st Edition
- CMOS Cascade Sigma-Delta Modulators for Sensors and Telecom: Error Analysis and Practical Design
- Metastasis Research Protocols. Analysis of Cell Behavior In Vitro and In Vivo
- Legacy, Sustainability and CSR at Mega Sport Events: An Analysis of the UEFA EURO 2008 in Switzerland (Event- und Impaktforschung)
Extra resources for Analysis and Design of Networks-on-Chip Under High Process Variation
In 2-phase ROMM, the XY routing algorithm is used to route the packet from the source to a random node in the first phase before routing it to the destination in the second phase. 3 Routing Algorithms in NoC IQA 39 OQB request reply A OQA IQB Switch B Switch Fig. 36 Message-dependent deadlocks  Fig. 37. To rout the packets, ROMM routing algorithm achieves the minimum number of network hops, increases the routing flexibility, and avoids the congestion by using randomization. ROMM guarantees the deadlock free by using virtual channels.
J IEEE Trans Parallel Distrib Syst 11(7):729–738 57. Hu J, Marculescu R (2004) DyAD: smart routing for networks-on-chip. Glass CJ, Ni LM (1992) The turn model for adaptive routing. 1 Introduction The gate delay and interconnect delay are the intrinsic components of the total delays for Integrated Circuit (IC) designs. To meet the future performance and technology goals, the logic gates and interconnects must be scaled accordingly. The International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS) declares the growing problem of global interconnect delays .
21. The disadvantage of the four-phase handshaking protocol is that the delay increases with long interconnect which leads to significant reduction in throughput. 3 Communication Channel Req and ACK signals are used to indicate the data validity and data acceptance, respectively. The handshaking signals are transferred between the sender and receiver onto the communication channel. The communication channels are classified into push 2 Network on Chip Aspects 28 a Req Data Sender Receiver ACK b Req Data Receiver Sender ACK Fig.